Ecommerce RPA Use Cases
Ecommerce Overall RPA Advantages:
- Improved Efficiency
Handling customer, products and organizations around the clock, fast and effective
- Secure data control
No manual interventions and error caused due to mishandling data
- Customer satisfaction and retention
On time customers query resolution, accurate information provision to customers and discounts, promotional emails to customers for savings etc.
Other Processes in Ecommerce
- Ecommerce deals with dozens of processes, and payment is, perhaps, the most important of them all as it involves customers’ money and their secure transaction.
- The payment processing involves many actions and all of them have to be carried out perfectly:
- Financial filings
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Account reconciliation etc.
- Accurately handling the financial data with 100% accuracy
- Efficiently maintain accounts payable and receivable data and notify customers/distributors for irregularities and pending payments
- Productively handling customer disputes with data collection from multiple applications
- Securely manage the critical financial information
- Effectively council the organization and banks data
- All of the above process in unattended mode
ROI: Between 60% to 90%
Customer support and personalization
- Shoppers crave personalization and are ready to wait for the product or disclose their personal information in exchange for a personalized product.
- RPA successfully solves the issue and lets Ecommerce marketers delight their customers and promote conversions.
- The automation of
- Order placing
- Information search, and
- Other processes that are related to the customer’s interaction with the store result in faster and better user experience and increase customer’s loyalty.
- An example of RPA use for customer support would be sending the user automatic notifications about the order and collecting customer’s feedback after the order is received.
- Effectively manage orders received and distribute them to vendors without any human intervention
- Collect data from competitors ecommerce websites and find the best prices for products
- Customers data management
ROI: Between 60% to 80%
- The Enterprise Resource Planning system helps manage all business processes and keeps them in one place. The thing is, there are hundreds of micro-processes going on within each process and they consume a significant amount of time if managed manually.
- RPA is able to automate the whole ERP process and free you from hours of mundane work.
- In addition, you can integrate your ERP with inventory and always know the status of your resources.
- Manage ERP inventory with RPA where business users can get predictions and notifications for resources utilized etc.
- Manage front office & back office activities in ERP management i.e. Data extraction and data entry processes, Purchase orders, Vendor invoicing etc.
ROI: Between 70% to 80%
- Marketing is essential as it helps you let people know about your store.
- Apart from the creative part, marketing also includes
- Sending emails in a bulk,
- Filling in the information about the customers
- Constant information updates
- Handling the complaints, and
- Any other activity that involves interaction with your shoppers.
- RPT bots managing customer engagement with bulk emails on promotions, discounts, and festivals etc.
- Managing and feeding the possible customers data into CRM for sales & marketing team.
ROI: Between 80-95%